In many workplaces, a culture of silence still exists in relation to talking about mental health, with many employees feeling uncomfortable discussing their mental health with line managers or colleagues. But mental health is just as important as physical health, and mental health conditions can have a big impact on people’s motivation and performance at work.
To help break the culture of silence and help organisations open up discussions about supporting employee’s mental health as well as physical health, we’ve developed The MaP Game: Workplace Edition.
It can be played by anyone at any level in an organisation but will be particularly useful when the group includes line managers who can initiate change and improve support available based on discussions and learning.
Players will learn about:
- Link between physical and mental health
- Breaking the silence around discussing mental health
- How to create an open culture
- Supporting employees/colleagues who have health conditions
- Work-life balance
- Promoting health and wellbeing at work